IT WAS ALWAYS PROFITABLE AND FUN. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT A SONG
TOGETHER,YOU CAN PUT AN IDEA IN THE TOPICS SPOT BELOW.THAT WAS BACK
WHEN GRAHAM HENDERSON WAS MODERATOR OF THE WRITER ROOM.DO ANY
OF YOU REMEMBER THAT?
Topics: such as: ???
Charlie Resseguie
I WOULD LOVE TO BE PART OF WHAT YOU PUT UP AS AN IDEA
Chris Brownell
You're asking for people to give up their "secret sauce"? The idea for a song is the most important part and, for me, the hardest thing to come up with. Once I get an idea or a "hook" for a song, the rest seems to write itself.
For lyricists who like religious themes, and easy way to come up with a song (or just get practice writing lyrics) is to browse the Psalms and find one you can base a song on.
Charlie Resseguie
Chris, Ideas are a dime a dozen, a song can be written by an occasion,a happening and just about anything. I don't think there is a secret sauce to any of it,and I don't expect any one to give up their secret ideas. A song can be written by any thing.
such as: YOU THINK YOUR RIGHT
DON'T THINK THAT YOU ARE
YOUR THINKIN I'M WRONG
STOP THINKIN LIKE THAT
TITLE: "THINK AGAIN"
CHORUS: THINK AGAIN MY FRIEND
AND WHEN MY FRIEND
YOU'LL FIND I'M RIGHT
SO THINK AGAIN, MY FRIEND
You see this little ditty came out of this
wonderful thought of yours
Chapman James
I had someone challenge me with an idea a few years ago. He asked, "Chapman... how about write a song that includes 'Dearhearts and Darlings' and make sure it is not in a Country Style. Does anyone want to give it a whirl? Great exercise for me:) ~ Chapman
Chapman James
I had someone challenge me with an idea a few years ago. He asked, "Chapman... how about write a song that includes 'Dearhearts and Darlings' and make sure it is not in a Country Style." Does anyone want to give it a whirl? Great exercise for me:) ~ Chapman
Charlie Resseguie
HEY CHAPMAN, WE CALLED THEM DEAR HEARTS AND DARLINGS
ALL OUR LOVES FROM TIMES GONE BYE
NOW WHEN WE THINK BACK ON THEM
IT BRINGS A TEARDROP TO OUR EYE
SOME HAVE SLIPPED AWAY SO FAST
OTHERS, MOVED ON TO OTHER PLACES
THEY'RE CALLED PARTS UNKNOWN
OH MY HOW WE MISS THEIR FACES
MISS THEM HERE AT HOME
SWEEP, KEEP THROW OUT OR FIX AS YOU SEE, Charlie