SongRamp's Mission is to create a thriving, productive environment that encourages an atmosphere of community, respect, collaboration, and growth for anyone involved with independent music.
The Community's Administrators, Moderators and Board of Directors have created the following Terms of Service agreement that governs members' participation and practices within SongRamp. As a member/user of SongRamp, it is your responsibility to know, and adhere to the Terms of Service.
Member/Accounts: One account is allowed per person; a member may not have multiple free accounts, or a combination of free accounts and a paid membership account. In the event a member requests their account/membership to be deleted, SongRamp has the right to maintain certain information throughout the site such as areas that are considered community participation, purchasing information, forum posts, blog posts on other members' blogs, open mic reviews, photo gallery comments, etc. Members will have their open mic songs, homepage content, and personal blog removed.
Member/User Conduct: Members and users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is constructive and respectful of others at all times. Additionally, we would hope that each member/user would do their best to facilitate a culture of collaboration and positive reinforcement, so that we can all share our passion for music while realizing our personal ambitions, and developing friendships.
Blogs: Blogs are provided with the intention of being a place to talk about what is happening in your life, business, family, friends, etc. Please remember that the Terms of Service also applies to blog material and comments on blogs.
Members/Users will not use this community for:
- Any practices that affect the normal operations of the community (Admins will take whatever steps are necessary to restore service).
- Transmitting any libelous, defamatory, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
- Personal attacks. This includes but is not limited to, destructive, abusive, defamatory communications in any form, and retaliatory attacks from personal attacks. If you need assistance, please communicate with someone from our SongRamp Team.
- Destructive commentary/communications made with the intent to disrupt or attack (Trolling). This applies to any communications within this community, whether in the forums, Open Mic, chat, blogs or Site Mail.
- Advertising or linking to any publications and/or web sites that are age restricted due to content and/or pornographic in nature.
Members/Users found practicing these behaviors receive:
- Deletion of the post(s).
- First event - warning by email and/or Site Mail.
- Second event - Temporary Community ban for 7 days
- Third event - Membership revoked, and access to the community permanently blocked. This includes any duplicate accounts for the same person. SongRamp considers this information private and confidential. However, there may be certain situations that necessitate otherwise. Any post, image or writings can be removed at the discretion of staff if it is deemed unsuitable for this community.
- SongRamp reserves the right to revoke any Membership at any time.
SongRamp maintains a Zero Tolerance on certain behaviors within the community. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Any threats of physical harm, property damage or acts of violence toward another individual, or group of individuals.
- Fraudulent use of credit cards or refusing to pay for items recieved from The Store.
- Soliciting or Trading of any products illegally. This includes, but is not limited to, requests and/or distribution of music files.(Warez)
- Intentional practices that affect the normal operations of the community (Admins will take whatever steps are necessary to restore service).
SongRamp members remain the original copyright holder in all materials provided on the community. Use of the material inconsistent with the terms and conditions set forth is prohibited and considered an infringement of the copyrights of the respective holders unless specially stated otherwise. Members are not to post non-original works to which they do not hold the copyright or which they have not cleared with the copyright holder. If the member has permission from the copyright holder to use their works, please provide a copy of the signed permission granted by the copyright holder.
Please email a scanned image of the signed document (or forward the document itself if you have it in email form) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, SongRamp member name, title of the song you are wanting to upload, and any additional information to help us understand. Documentation should be provided to SongRamp and approved prior to uploading ANY music where the copyright holder is someone other than the member uploading the content.
TERMS: By uploading music to the SongRamp site, you acknowledge that you are the original creator and/or the copyright holder of this work and that you grant SongRamp a non-exclusive license to make this work available to SongRamp members.
- 1 song per day for free and basic member
- 3 songs per day for pro members
- 5 songs per day for premium members
It is ok for a member to have the same song on their page more than once as long as the versions of the songs are different. When in doubt, this is open for judgment by Admin as to whether the versions are different enough... also folks let's not get carried away by redoing every song on your play list twice. Thank you. : )
- No cover songs of any kind are permitted unless you can provide the license for it.
- No traditional, public domain, parodies, clips, samples, song combining ("remixing") or songs with commercials in them are allowed.
- The Open Mic area is for completed works only. Please use your Private Listening Room for works in progress, or use the Artists Forum to post links or mp3s to unfinished works.
SongRamp provides a variety of communication services to members. These include: forums, open mic, chat, site mail, homepages, blogs, and ability to email members. Any information provided by members using these services is considered public information and may be logged. SongRamp will not be held responsible and/or liable for information that members choose to share via these services. We strongly recommend that members exercise forethought and caution prior to disclosing any personal information while using these services.
SongRamp maintains a database of member/user information to facilitate the community's operations for members, users and administrators. The following discloses our information collection, use and dissemination practices:
- E-mail Addresses: Member e-mail addresses are stored in a database for use in distributing member selected newsletters. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- IP addresses: Member/User IP addresses are collected, and stored in a database to help diagnose, track, and manage issues within the community. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- Purchasing Data: SongRamp maintains a database of merchandise purchases. Purchasing Data consists of, but is not limited to Name, Address, and Phone. SongRamp does not keep a database of credit card numbers. This information is not shared except in cooperation with appropriate authorities in the case of violations of our Zero Tolerance Conduct.
- Cookies: SongRamp Servers are programmed to read, and write member/user specific cookie files. The use of these files is limited to page views and stored information provided by the member. This includes member passwords, purchasing data, and aggregate data. Please note that any data other than that contained in SongRamp cookie files cannot be read off your hard disk.
- Aggregate Data: SongRamp collects and uses aggregate data for the purpose of advancing the site and soliciting advertisers. This data includes page views, ad impressions, click throughs, total membership and total number of subscribers. No individual personal information is shared with this statistical data.
- Off-Site Links: The SongRamp community contains links to a variety of other web sites. These are usually in the form of product advertisements, and/or member/user provided links. SongRamp cannot and will not be held responsible for the privacy practices, or content of any web site other than our own.
Email is email@example.com
**SongRamp reserves the right to change, alter or modify the Terms of Service as needed. All postings, past and present are subject to the most current terms of service.**
About Us | Contact | Copyright | Privacy | Terms of Service | Site Map | Team
Copyright (c) and Trademark 2010. All Rights Reserved Songramp LLC.